Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Me + Blogging: a flashback

Every now and then something will remind me about the world of blogging. Perhaps it's a snippet of conversation, or a glimpse of a webpage. Whatever it is, it will often get me thinking about how awesome it would be to write a blog. I visualise myself being effortlessly hilarious, entertaining, engaging, amusing and other excellent synonyms. I see myself watching as the page view count on my blog reaches the millions. I imagine Nina H, local celebrity, international success and blogger extraordinaire.

For about half and hour I'll be in a haze of excitement; I search eagerly through countless blogging websites, finally choosing the one that will lead me to the blogging hall of fame. I sign up, choose the look which I think most suits the incredible awesomeness which my blog will unfailingly become, and write my first blog post. After 5 minutes of hyper-writing I sigh contentedly, click "Publish Post" and lean back in my chair to contemplate my own genius in starting what will undoubtedly be an overnight success. Then I click onto Facebook, do my chores and play some music. After this point, the blog will probably never touch my mind again. If, by some miraculous chance, it does reappear from the depths of my brain I will consider writing another post before deciding it's too much effort and going off to play some more CityVille.

There is really no reason why this blog will be any different. It has started the same as those five or six other blogs, which have all disappeared into the recesses of the internet, never to be seen again. However, I believe that this blog will be different. The reason being that it is currently the 30th of December - 2 days until I make my New Years Resolutions. Once it is a Resolution, this blog will become a permanent fixture in my life. For the next two day, then, I just have to remember it. ...So maybe it's not that different after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment